Navigating through the airport can be one of the toughest challenges for those on the spectrum. Airports are full of new, and unusual sensory, inputs.
These very special programs give you the chance to practice departure from your local airport. It goes like this:
- Register to participate.
- Bring the whole family on event day.
- Check in and receive your gate passes.
- Go through security – exactly as you will when actually taking a flight
- Wait at the gate until it is your turn to board.
- Find your seats and get comfortably settled.
- Listen to all of the announcements.
- Disembark the plane.