Navigating through the airport can be one of the toughest challenges for those on the spectrum. Airports are full of new, and unusual sensory, inputs.
These very special programs give you the chance to Practice departure from your local airport. It goes like this:
- Register to participate.
- Bring the whole family on event day.
- Check in and receive your gate passes.
- Go through security – exactly as you will when actually taking a flight
- Wait at the gate until it is your turn to board.
- Find your seats and get comfortably settled.
- Listen to all of the announcements.
- Disembark the plane.
The program is FREE. It’s local. You can participate multiple times.
*Program name varies according to the local organization that is partnering with us.
Our Program that gives you the chance to practice staying in a hotel.
Hotels that are certified as Autism Double-Checked will offer specially priced weekend stays to local communities. You will enjoy these great benefits:
The program is local to you so no need for a long car journey or a flight.
The program is offered to the whole community so you will be there with other special needs families.
it is short so you’ll be able to familiarize your loved one with staying at a hotel.
They offer great rates. Perfect for a weekend off from the normal routine.
* Program name varies according to the local organization that is partnering with us.
Visit Autism-friendly visitor attractions!
Autism-friendly theme parks. Autism-friendly museums. In fact any sort of visitor attraction can become Autism Double-Checked.
We work with them to identify days and times when they are less crowded so that they can create special days and special events just for the autism community.